april fourteenth

  The weather here in DC is finally nice and warm and perfect for a mid day run! I haven't exactly been running really since, like, maaaaaaaybe October???? My bad, the gym just does it for me when it's cold out. But I am SO glad that I decided to start again!
  There's this great little forest trail right next to our place that cuts right to the creepiest underground tunnel EVER that leads right to the wonderful canal trail! I took a left turn instead of my usual right (and by usual, I mean I've only run down there twice...sooooo, that's more than once, I can say usual, right?), found where all the cool high school kids get high on Saturdays (don't do drugs, kids), following a sketchy looking stairway right down to the Potomac, which I discovered is the Tempe Town Lake of the Georgetown area. I ended up maybe running 4 miles total, so it wasn't long or anything, but I'm so happy to know I live so close to such awesome views of the Potomac and the Arlington skyline across the river! 
  Every time I get sick of DC and just want to be back in Arizona, some little adventure, like my run this afternoon, reminds me to explore as much of this place as I can while we here. To take it all in, while I can. I mean, how many people achieve their life long dream of being invited into the cool group in high school* when they're 24, I mean really.**



*yes, it's true, I totally was the opposite of cool in high school, hard to believe,no? 
**I totally turned them down, fyi

No comments :

Post a Comment